My platform focuses on three areas that are crucial in building a strong foundation for our families.
In order for our communities to thrive, we must:
Put education first
- Ensure educational equity in all public schools.
- Provide competitive pay for teachers, administration and support staff that reaches national average
- Support and provide incentives for training and education programs for teachers at all levels
- At the state level, provide opportunities for funding for critical infrastructure needs (e.g. school bonds)
Improve access to quality healthcare
- Expand Medicaid
- Advocate for children and individuals with special needs
- Support the Affordable Care Act that provides comprehensive health care benefits including preventive, maternity and mental illness care
- Partner with healthcare professionals, families, communities to address critical needs
Establish a sustainable workforce
- Advocate for employee work protections and promote a living wage in NC
- Partner with community colleges, vocational training, universities, community leaders, businesses and families to ensure students are exposed to a variety of career pathways
- Promote apprenticeships and workforce readiness
- Look for successful models in NC and other states to learn best practices
Please share your ideas and thoughts and let’s work together for the benefit of North Carolinians.